HMG Response to COVID-19 – Update 3
We find ourselves in unprecedented and uncertain times. However, one thing we can be certain of is, at times like this, businesses and communities get through these times best when they do it together.
HMG is operating as an Essential Service provider supporting critical national industries, infrastructure and essential services. We have implemented strict National COVID-19 health and safety protocols in partnership with Federal and State Governments to keep our workforce, families and communities safe and healthy and our sites operating.
We want to continue to give you confidence in the capability of the HMG team to safely keep you moving and support your operational needs.
HMG remains open for business.
SUPPLY CHAIN UPDATE
- Our domestic Supply Chain is largely unaffected at this stage and our partners are experiencing minimal impacts.
- Steel availability is in good supply, additional stock is in transit and expected to be received by the team within the week.
- Supply Chain lead times for delivery goods to HMG are not exceeding standard times achieved prior to COVID-19.
- Road transport including Sea freight is not presenting any immediate concern.
- Our Meeandah facility is operating as usual.
- Any role that can be managed from home is now be worked from home in support of the Government’s “stay at home to save lives” directive. We have introduced split rosters to manage tasks and maintain staff wellbeing.
- HMG’s Production team confirm there are no capacity constraints being experienced within the business, customer lead times are positive
HMG MANAGEMENT RESPONSE PLAN TO COVID-19
HMG has a dedicated Response Team who has worked with our parent Sime Darby Industrial to introduce additional health and safety controls including:
- We are compliant with all relevant National Covid-19 National protocols as implemented by the Australian Resource sector.
- We continue to work in alignment with Federal and State Governments’ recommendations and directives. We keep our employees informed of these rapid changes via employee information shares which are occurring regularly via virtual meetings, phone or email.
- Remote working procedures have been socialised, trialled and have been strictly implemented across the business in all applicable work areas.
- We continue to work with our employees, customers and suppliers to ensure the highest levels of health and safety protocols are maintained.
We remain committed to minimising impacts to your business and you can contact us on 07 3866 7000.
Chief Executive Officer